Sunday, March 21, 2010

Painted Art Dolls

So here are my painted art dolls. This first one is finished, painted with acrylics and protected with a satin varnish that is painted on. She has movable arms and legs, and her dress is sewed out of fabric and permanently attached to her body. I added a loop to the back of her dress so she can be hung on a wall. She sits by herself or can even stand against a wall.




The second art doll is the one that sits on her base. She is unfinished and will have movable arms as well. I think I like the first one better as she is a more "traditional" doll with arms and legs. So I don't think I will be making anymore dolls with bases. I also like the first doll's shape better. She has a more defined head and neck, whereas the other one is wider.





2 comments:

  1. Another amazing creation! I love them. I may have to order one to put with my clock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOVE the aprons AND THE SHIRT!!!!! You make my projects look pathetic!I want a shirt!

    ReplyDelete