Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pillow Covers

When we painted our bedroom a milk chocolate color, I wanted to make all new pillow covers. The old ones we had didn't match our duvet cover, and I just wanted something new and fresh. I found this amazing fabric with the large flower patterns and paired it with the striped fabric that I used for the back of the pillows. The smaller cotton flower fabric I used for the actual pillow cases, and then used the more ornate thicker fabric for the decorative pillows.

Since I already had previous pillow covers, making the pattern for my new ones was simple. Instead of putting zippers in the back, I used buttons for all three pillows. I also found some really great trim in matching colors.



For the smaller pillow, I spent a lot of time appliqueing the bird. I found a realistic picture of a bird that I based my pattern on, then pieced the bird together using all of the fabrics. I embroidered it with all hand stitching, none of it was done on the sewing machine. I added beads to help embellish the bird, which I love. Anytime I can use beads in my projects I love them all the more.


Click on the images to see a larger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment