Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cards!

After taking a long break from posting, I decided it was time to get back into it! I LOVE making cards. You can get immersed into a project for a day or two and then be done, and move onto the next thing. I made these last year, and thought I would tell you about them.

They are made from cute cardstock paper. First I make up a design/pattern from plain white cardstock, that way if I want to make more than one, I already have my template made. Then I trace the template onto the cute paper. For these guys I decided to add some black ink around the edges, since I wanted them to have a more 3-d feel. I used raised tabs on the backs of them so they were slightly lifted off the background paper.

For the quail and mermaid I wanted their parts to move, so I used brads, so you could actually move their arms/tail/ and wings. (see look at the two pictures of the quail.)


 I used the little tabbies on the owls wings here, so they were raised up.

On the house, I made the curtains, bushes, and moon raised, and decided to make a little door that could be opened. Oh, I also used some glitter glue to put a little sparkle onto the cards. They are a larger card, but you'll notice I attached them using photo corners so the card can be removed and used as a piece of art too! Ah ha multi-functional cards :) I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment